AW: AW: where do I find the temp folder on a Mac?

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Tue Nov 18 10:45:34 EST 2008

Hi Tiemo,

No you will have permissions to write to it always, but it remains
hidden as it should be. That's all. And you checking what you are
doing IS a good reason to do this, I think.

It is just that when ever I have 'issues' like slow downs of my system
I have to run a check and fix my permissions and the Disk Utility app
usually resets all of the permissions that I have changed. I am pretty
sure the hidden state of a folder is tied into the permissions of a
folder. Someone can correct me if this is not the case.

You are fine in what you are doing here. I was just letting you know
that it might not be a good idea in a distributed stack or app to go
around a users system and changing the hidden state of folders.

Tom