where do I find the temp folder on a Mac?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Nov 18 09:45:23 EST 2008

Hi Tiemo Hollmann,

> Beeing not a Mac guy, I don't know where I find the temp folder on a
> Mac. I
> used the specialfolderpath("temp") and according to Kens website
> (@Eric: I
> used the docs!) it is supposed to be: /private/tmp/501/Temporary
> Items, but
> I don't see it. Actually I don't even find the "private" path. Is it
> hidden,
> and if yes, how to show it?

obviously there are more than ONE temp folder on OS X and they may be
even
different on other machines!

1.
put specialfolderpath("temp") -> /Users/klaus/Library/Caches/
TemporaryItems

BUT:
2.
put the tempname -> /private/var/folders/lK/lKjzn8FMEkS6hmXTm6HEDE++
+TQ/TemporaryItems/tmp0

VERY cryptic = geeky :-)

Why do you wan to "find" these folders?
Do you really want to check them in the Finder?

The easiest way to "go" there would be to simply uzse Rev to open
these folders :-)
Put this into the message box
launch document specialfolderpath("temp")

OR
set itemdel to "/";launch document (item 1 to -2 of the tempname)

> Thanks
>
> Tiemo

Best

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
Regarding your last post:
Oh boy, shame on me ;(...

You know what to do?!!!

And this is the text you should HANDwrite 200 times:
I will use Erics merveillieux Revolution Search Engine the next time!

:-D