Doing chromakey through Runrev

Jacques Hausser jacques.hausser at unil.ch
Mon Nov 17 03:47:51 EST 2008

Hi Jonathan,

I'm surprised that nobody answered till now. I did not try
chromakeying myself, but I would suggest
1) to sample the color of blue background (perhaps at different places
to get an amplitude of variation of the color - it is never absolutely
constant) with the mouseColor function. Alternatively, put arbitrary
limits at + - n pixels of each channel of the sampled color.
2) to identify pixels of the image of which the color is in these limits
3) to set the corresponding pixels of the alphadata or ot the maskdata
of this image to 0. Then the image with be transparent except for what
you want to keep
4) to replace the  pixels of the imageData of your new background
image by the non-transparent pixels of the first image
-- or alternatively to put the partially transparent image over the
background image, what allow to change the scale, for example, and
then to use a snapshot to merge the two images (at screen definition)
6) to use the alphadata or the maskdata of the first image to identify
the limits of the incrusted one, and to apply some blurring algorithm
to the pixels around this limit. Without that, the limit will appear
jaggered.

The two images must of course have exactly the same dimensions in
pixel rows and columns. Look at the dictionnary for imageData,MaskData
and alphaData for details... and tell us about your experiences !

good luck

Jacques

Le 16 nov. 2008 à 21:59, Jonathan Lynch a écrit :

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do professional-quality
> photographic chromakeying (like blue screen or green screen) with
> RunRev?
>
> --
> Do all things with love

Prof. Jacques Hausser