IDE crashes on startup

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Nov 17 03:07:04 EST 2008

Hello,

Rev 3.0, Win XP, SP3. On an irregular basis my IDE crashes on startup when
performing the final steps of startup. It is before opening any own stack.
Last time before this crash I have closed my work and rev completely
regular, without any error messages. It happens about once or twice a week.
The error message is: "Rev has a problem and has to be closed. Appname:
revolution.exe, Offset: 000951cd" The only chance to start now rev is to
delete the revpreferences.rev file. After that rev starts without error
messages and I can go on working.

Am I doing anything wrong, what provokes such a behaviour? Anything I can do
to prevent such a problem?

Tiemo

Btw. Deleting the revpreferences.rev is anyway a good thing for me, because
after that rev is running much more faster again (as I posted some time
before).