I'm sorry but ..... !

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 15:31:29 EST 2008

It's dead easy!!!!

The Dictionary files for Runtime Revolution (2.7.1) are stored in XML format.

This is what I did:

1. Changed the suffixes to .hmtl

2. opened them in my favourite text-editor (TextEdit on Mac)

3. printed them to PDF

after 2.7.2 the Documentation was shoved into "packaged xml" stacks that
seem unreadable: however I've just had a "bit of fun" by setting up a stack called "Doc dump" in RevMedia 2.9; then looking up what I want in the documentation and bunging the following into the message box:

put fld "short ref" of stack "revDocs" into fld "f1" of stack "Doc dump"

not rocket science, but you get yer dictionary page; admittedly all the fancy-font-sizing and the slinky OS icons go down the loo --- but!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.