Random algorithm

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 16:37:27 EST 2008

On 13 Nov 2008, at 19:38, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Fortunately, it doesn't.  Rev sets the randomSeed to some non-fixed
> number (a truncated portion of the milliseconds?) each time it starts.
>
> This implies that each session starts with a unique seed, so each
> sequence derived from it will be similarly unique.

This occurred to me last night while reviewing my comment on your
seeding method. Does a different randomSeed guarantee a different
random sequence in the same way that the same seed produces the same
sequence? (I had a feeling this was relevant to my argument but then I
fell asleep. :-) ) It might be useful to know this.

Cheers
Dave