Random algorithm

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 04:02:24 EST 2008

Malte

It looks like I miscalculated the upper limit, or have goofed
something entirely.

The script I ran first was this:

on mouseUp
    put the milliseconds  into tSeed
    set the randomSeed to tSeed
    put empty into field 1
    repeat 5
       put random (1000)  & cr after field 1
    end repeat
end mouseUp

This always gives me the same sequence:

671
250
597
371
78

When I use the script below, I get a different sequence each time as
expected (so long as I wait at least 1 second between clicks.)

on mouseUp

    put the seconds  into tSeed