list linking

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Nov 11 15:29:01 EST 2008

Hi Edward,

>In looking at the guide I found a
>reference problems with the dynamicPaths properties that is carried
>over from hypercard stacks. But I can't find what that property of the
>Rev stack is, or how/where to change it?

The stack property is "dynamicPaths", and you can use the message box
to "set the dynamicPaths of this stack to false".

Hi Joe,

>you don't need to refer to a background field. There is no such
>thing in Rev

Actually, if the stack property, HCAddressing, is true, "background
field" is a legitimate reference...however one generally sets both
the dynamicPaths and the HCAddressing properties to false after
converting a HC stack to Rev and appropriately modifying the scripts.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company