different stack locations, different (or no) responses?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Nov 11 00:47:36 EST 2008

Friedrich F. Grohmann wrote:

> Now I think I found the culprit. The target folder was C (desktop >
> folder A >  folder B > folder C) with A, B, and C being meaningful names
> indicating the topics of the projects I am working on. C contains word
> processing files, outliner files and further folders. I never had any
> problem with opening the other stuff placed either in C or in its
> sub-folders, only the said Revolution stack displayed the strange
> behaviour I described.
>
> The problem, however, was not C in itself but rather the name of folder
> B in which one term was put in quotation marks. I removed those and now
> everything works as expected.

Good sleuthing, I'm glad you were able to find the problem. It makes
sense, sort of. You might want to bug-report this, though I'm not sure
it can be fixed easily. The long name of a stack always includes
quotation marks, and if the path also includes quotes then I can see how
Rev would have trouble parsing it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com