different stack locations, different (or no) responses?

Friedrich F. Grohmann shedrup at ms9.hinet.net
Mon Nov 10 23:36:47 EST 2008

Jacque,

Thanks for your thoughtful suggestions. I had been trying "Save
as..." from inside Rev, to no avail, but encouraged by your mail I
duplicated the stack from the desktop into a new folder, tried to
open it, put a second folder into the first one, moved the stack
therein, etc. etc. That seemed to work and so I started checking
whether the nested folder in which the stack was originally planned
to go might be the source of all these troubles.

Now I think I found the culprit. The target folder was C (desktop >
folder A >  folder B > folder C) with A, B, and C being meaningful
names indicating the topics of the projects I am working on. C
contains word processing files, outliner files and further folders. I
never had any problem with opening the other stuff placed either in C
or in its sub-folders, only the said Revolution stack displayed the
strange behaviour I described.

The problem, however, was not C in itself but rather the name of
folder B in which one term was put in quotation marks. I removed
those and now everything works as expected.

Again, thank you for your help.

All the best,
Fritz