different stack locations, different (or no) responses?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 9 21:09:38 EST 2008

Friedrich F. Grohmann wrote:

> Now, as long as this stack is positioned directly on the desktop,
> everything works fine. The moment I move it into the folder in which I
> want to have it troubles start, no matter whether this folder is
> somewhere in the "Documents" folder or still on the desktop.

Did you move the stack's location on disk while it was still open in
Rev? If so, then Rev doesn't know where the file is any more. If you
closed the file but the stack's destroystack property is false, then the
stack isn't really fully closed and Rev also won't know where it is.

You should set the stack's destroystack property to true and close the
stack, then move it, then re-open it. Alternately, you can choose "Close
and remove from memory" from the File menu while the stack is open; that
will fully close it.

I'm not positive this is what the problem is, but it's something to try.
I've never seen the behavior you describe, but I have set my Rev
preferences to create all my stacks with destroystack set to true.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com