Hi, I'm new and i need help

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 9 00:06:17 EST 2008

Leonel Flor�n Selles wrote:
> Hi, As you can see I'm new on this list.
>
> and my first question is
>
> What is the deference between RunTime Revolution
>
> Enterprice
> Studio
> Media.
>
> Well, I'm happy to be here and thanks.

We're happy to have you. RR used to have a more extensive comparison on
the web site than they do now, but a good start is here:

<http://www.runrev.com/products/product-comparison/editions/>

In brief:

Media: author stacks, but can't build standalones or import HyperCard
stacks. The stacks you build can be played with the Revolution Player on
any platform, by anyone. No database support, no built-in browser, and a
few other omissions. A solid-color backdrop is always on when the Player
runs your stacks, you can't turn it off though you can change its color.

Studio: create stacks and standalones for any platform. However, you can
only build and edit on the OS you purchase it for. You can add
additional platforms for a fee. So, for example, you can purchase Studio
for Windows, and build stacks and standalones for any OS, but you can
only edit and create stacks on your Windows machine. Includes database
capabilities and several add-ons.

Enterprise: full ability to do anything, on any OS, with no limitations.
Comes with all the add-ons. The best choice if you want to edit your
stacks on any OS and have full access to everything Revolution offers.

Most people who only have access to a single OS will buy Studio, and if
they need additional capabilites they purchase add-on packs. Developers
who need to create and edit stacks on any OS will prefer Enterprise (and
save some money over buying all the extras piecemeal.) Hobbyists and
those who do not need to create standalone applications do okay with
Media, but it is fairly limited in scope.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com