Quickest was to compare 2 CR lists?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Nov 4 04:13:54 EST 2008

Bonjour Klaus,

In my compare scripts plugin, I use the following function that might
get you started :-)

function UnCommonList plist1,plist2 -- returns lines of pList1 not
found in pList2
   local tArray1,tArray2,tUncommonList
   ------
   put empty into tArray1
   put empty into tArray2
   -----
   repeat for each line tLine in plist1
     put 1 into tArray1[tLine]
   end repeat
   -----
   repeat for each line tLine in plist2
     put 1 into tArray2[tLine]
   end repeat
   -----
   get the keys of tArray1
   repeat for each line tLine in it
     if tArray2[tLine] = 0 then put tLine & cr after tUncommonList
   end repeat
   -----
   delete char -1 of tUncommonList
   return tUncommonList
end UnCommonList

Le 4 nov. 08 à 10:08, Klaus Major a écrit :

> anyone knows the quickest ways to compare 2 CR delimited lists?
> I need to know what lines of list 1 are contained in list 2.
>
> Right now I am using repeat "for each" and "lineoffset", which is
> fast,
> but I'm ure this can be done even faster :-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.