OS 10.5 character issue

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Mon Nov 3 18:44:46 EST 2008

Greetings,

My [rev] application uses custom fonts.  We use the ellipsis character as a
check mark.  This has been working fine for many years.  However, with MAC
OS version 10.5, the character is being displayed as an actual ellipsis "Š",
not a check mark.  However, if I enter a check mark (control-v), I get the
correct check mark.

If I repeat the same scenario on OS 10.4, it all works correctly.

Looks like 10.5 is remapping the characters??  Does this make sense?  If so,
does anyone know a way to get the OS (or rev) to display the correct
character?

Thanks,
Dan