Is RunRev marketed to developers mainly?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu May 29 20:18:57 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 11:43 PM, Lynn Fredricks <
lfredricks at proactive-intl.com> wrote:

> My approach is to:
>
> -utilize the new wave of communication venues like Linked In, mySpace and
> Facebook

I am not a proponent of Second Life,IMO it's a colossal waste of time, but
my wife spends quite a bit of time (too much;-) immersed in there and has
given presentations about it to IT Teachers.

Given the recent success of Rev Live you may be interested in something my
wife participated in the other day which she thought was 'way cool'. A
presentation was given recently (in America I think) with about 50 odd
people in attendance. The lecture room had two cameras set up and a large
projection screen on the side. One of the cameras pointed at the audience,
the other at the presenter.

In Second Life there was a similar lecture room set up but with two screens,
one displaying the camera feed of the audience, the other of the Presenter.

In 'real life' the projection screen mirrored the screen of one of the real
attendees who also had an Avatar in Second Life.

People from all over the globe (I understand there were about as many
watching in Second Life as in reality) could fully participate in the
Presentation, they could see who was asking questions and ask questions
themselves. The presenter was able to give a 'visual' presentation to an
audience far greater than physically possible.

As an aside, for Jacque who felt she needed to put a bag over her head,
obviously in Second Life your Avatar can look really good. But from my own
perspective, thanks for not putting a bag over your head so I could put a
face to one of the most helpful people on the List. Thanks also for
providing a couple of other names to faces (and ears and forearms) of other
Revers;-)

And lastly way OT, at the risk of offending some, IMO the only 'way cool'
thing my wife's done in Second Life is go off and get a Tibetan flag and
then proceed to visit every Beijing Olympic site and take a screen shot of
herself standing in front wrapped in the flag;-) By the time she got to the
Forbidden City she was confronted with a Chinese Internet Security guy who's
Avatar was wielding a big bamboo staff! As the discussion between them was
turning 'bizarre' a Chinese Tank appeared and ran my wife over :-))) It was
driven by a friend. Again I found it hilarious, others probably wont.