Is RunRev marketed to developers mainly?

marty marty at ucls.uchicago.edu
Thu May 29 12:07:26 EDT 2008

I really, really wish they'd stop changing the name of things!  If
Runtime Revolution want to be well-known, they've GOT to keep just
one name.  First the language was Transcript; now it's Revolution.
Is the programming environment made by Runtime Revolution or Mirye?
I realize that Mirye is a marketing group, but this is really
confusing for somebody who might be taking a look at RR for the first
time:

 From the RunRev web site:
Founded in 1997, [the company] Runtime Revolution focuses on.....
Runtime Revolution's "Revolution" line of products are....

 From Mirye's web site:
Mirye Software, publishers of the cross-platform application
development system Runtime Revolution, announces....

Doesn't this dilute the brand name "Runtime Revolution"?

just my $0.02,
   - marty

--
Marty Billingsley
The University of Chicago Laboratory Schools