Client for Yahoo

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Wed May 28 10:29:07 EDT 2008

This is a fascinating opportunity. Rev certainly has the power for a chat
application for a major network, it's all a matter of handling the protocol
properly. Bjornke has written a basic chat application already, but it is
his own "protocol" and does not operate with any of the major ones out
there.

- Yahoo a while back released an API for *plugins* for their chat client,
but this was suspended a while ago. Your only option for Yahoo is to find
one of the reverse-engineered APIs out there or figure it out on your own.
As Bjornke pointed out, the legality is dubious, though many people have
been successful at it. http://developer.yahoo.com/messenger/

- AOL has its "Open AIM" initiative, which seems a lot more welcoming.
http://dev.aol.com/aim

Good luck... and should you get it working, I'm sure we'd be happy to
publish your story in the revUp newsletter.

- Bill
  runrev marketing guy

"Chris Young" <cyoung_mi at yahoo.com> wrote in
message news:908631.67361.qm at web82706.mail.mud.yahoo.com...
Hello,
 I've tossed around this idea with a few friends,
 but I wanted to see what other users thought.

Is it possible to create a custom yahoo chat client
with runrev?
Has anyone tried it yet?