SheepShaver file access

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue May 20 17:16:26 EDT 2008

Ken Ray wrote:
>> Giving up on that, I have been dismounting the shared drive, copying
>> files to it, and then restarting the SheepShaver virtual machine in
>> order to re-mount the shared drive. This is a pain in the patootie. Does
>> anyone remember how to re-mount a drive in OS 9 without restarting the
>> OS?  I'd rather have file sharing working, but at least if I could
>> remount the shared drive that would be something.
>
> My understanding (and based on corresponding reports is displayed at
> http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/env006.htm) is that
> attempting to keep the same volume shared in SheepShaver that's accessible
> in OS X is prone to bugginess and in come cases the corruption of the shared
> volume.

Right, so I was dismounting the volume in SS before working with it in
OS X. It wasn't open in both places at once. The shared volume didn't
corrupt, but I'm tired of having to restart OS 9 to remount it. I'm just
now looking for an OS 9 utility that will mount a volume but I can't
find one. How did we used to do that? Or did we used to do that? It's
been so long I can't remember.

Even better would be to figure out how come my network access went
kaput. Used to work. :(

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com