PAYPAL [was] [ANN] The reason why I was so quiet recently.

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Mon May 19 11:58:01 EDT 2008

I had to create a store inside my Rev software which did not use a
browser. Unlike with others, my software has requirements which made
use of a browser difficult (for example, the software is driven by a
touch screen and any given user may need to use the store often). I
found it to be fairly straightforward to integrate a credit
processing system directly into Rev, tying it into Authorize.net.
It's completely secure, but it does require the Rev Enterprise
version. One advantage of this approach is I can easily generate
software serial numbers or anything else required by the application
since everything happens within Rev (and, of course, I have complete
flexibility with how the store looks and operates).

I also used a Rev cgi to duplicate all of this via my online store...
mainly to save the expense of using any outside service for card
processing beyond that used in my Rev application.

My customers do not seem worried about security issues as I simply
tell them I never maintain their card data. They seem to accept this
explanation just as readily as believing the card information would
not be retained through a browser-based store.

Richard Miller