Passing variables between Flash and Rev

Henk van der Velden henk at iglow-media.nl
Wed May 14 08:39:11 EDT 2008

Good day all,

picking up an old discussion about Flash variables and Rev:

One of our apps has a Flash movie played through a player object.
Flash variables are read and set through Trevor's QTExternal.
However the latest releases of QuickTime player don't support Flash
playback anymore, so we have to look for another solution.

So my question is how can I read and write Flash variables from
within a Rev application?

The application is used on school networks. Children use the Flash
movie to create characters and save them by saving a couple of
variables. I used to save these variables in an XML file using
QTExternal.

Kind regards,

Henk
Henk v.d. Velden