Text Tricks invitation...

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Thu May 8 13:25:42 EDT 2008

I was just thinking about a text question I have no clue whatsover on
how to solve when I saw Richmonds post, so let me ask you text experts
about it if I may.

Suppose I have been working with an IPA font for a while, but want to
switch to a different one, but the new one uses different key
combinations (straight key, alt+key, shift+key, etc.) to produce the
characters. It seems that I would need a script that replaces each old
keystroke comination with the new one. I have to assume this is
possible, and most likely not too difficult to do, but again, I
haven't the on foggiest how to do this.  The idea here is that my
Times IPA font is neither free nor distributable, but there is an
alternative free IPA font that CAN be distributed, so I was thinking
about including that one in my standalones and using revFontLoad
(which I also haven't really figured out yet.)

Suggestions and tips?

Cheers,

Lars