objects in loc

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu May 8 05:35:59 EDT 2008

Bonjour Serge,

Le 8 mai 08 à 11:06, serge BRAMI a écrit :

> I need a function  whose name could be  objectinloc  returning from
> a specified loc    the list of objects whose rect include  this loc

The intersect Rev function can't help you in such a case but:

on mouseUp
   local tRefLoc
   -----
   put "100,100" into tRefLoc -- or whatever: the mouseLoc, etc.
   put objectInLoc(tRefLoc)
end mouseUp
---------------------------------------
function objectInLoc pLoc
   local tControl,tControls
   -----
   repeat with i = 1 to the number of controls
     if pLoc is within the rect of control i then
       put the long name of control i & cr after tControls
     end if
   end repeat
   delete last char of tControls
   return tControls
end objectInLoc

You'll get a list of the long names of all controls in the current
card that match the condition.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.