Stopping a Process

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Tue May 6 20:32:00 EDT 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 3:55 PM, Jim Ault wrote:

> On 5/6/08 3:50 PM, "RevList" <RevList at CreaTECHSol.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a routine that is looping through and opening a series of text
>> files using a Repeat Loop.
>>
>> I know I can do a Command . to stop this, but what if I wanted to
>> let the
>> end user stop the process?  How would I code this?
>
> One way is

> if the optionkey is down then exit repeat

exactly what I do.

If I have a long running process that I might want to halt, I sprinkle

if optionkey is down then
    exit repeat
end if

inside all my loops and if it goes off into the weeds and looks like
it will complete sometime next year, I press the option key and
eventually it halts.

:-) I've been know to use my stapler to hold down the optionkey for me
on really long running processes

Kee