Image discoloration in 2.8.1

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Sat May 3 16:47:38 EDT 2008

On Sat May 3, 2008, Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com wrote:

> HI,
>
> i have been finishing up a museum project in rev 2.8.1. I didn't want
> to flip to 2.9 until this was done as 2.8 was being totally stable on
> development of this and its a pretty simple application and i was in a
> huge rush.
>
> just noticed one odd thing though that i think i saw a long time ago
> in another version of rev. when i have a background picture and then
> place a smaller image on top of it thats the same as the image behind
> it i notice a slight contrast change occur in the smaller image on top
> (so you end up being able to see where the edges of the top image
> are). the smaller image was cut out of the same file as the background
> image and i have tried this with all file formats and get the same
> result. i can take the smaller image back from the file into the
> background image in photoshop and they merge perfectly so its not that
> there is a lot of degradation going on in creating the background and
> foreground images.
>
> the odd thing is that the smaller the foreground image the more it
> seems to get tweaked.
>
> have not had the time to test in 2.9 yet (opening is may 10 so no
> fooling till exhibit is up and running happily), but was wondering if
> others have noticed this and if its still happening at all in 2.9.

I created a stack with an imported JPG-image and put two snapshots - a
larger and smaller snapshot of the imported image - on top of the image.

The two superimposed smaller images merge perfectly both with engine
2.8.1 and 2.9 (using the Metacard IDE) without contrast changes or other
color distortions. This is on Windows XP.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke

<http://www.sanke.org/Metamedia>