Fixing MacOS File Names for a NAS

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri May 2 15:42:37 EDT 2008

Hmmm... my blind faith in progress is shattered :(

Well - not going to give up on my 4 Terabites yet - its not going to be for
everything I guess - but I'll settle for the media archive - seems that
iTunes is going to be OK - but the EyeTV archive is definitely not based on
the way the files are named.

I'm going to start by replacing "?/" with "_". Any other chars? Wander how
long the names can be....