Fame, Fortune, and... well, less of the fortune...

jim sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Thu May 1 14:50:32 EDT 2008

On May 1, 2008, at 5:33 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Most log analysis software sucks, but with Rev it's easy to parse
> the raw logs into any format you find convenient.

My log files include result status code ("200" meaning success, "404"
not found, etc)
and also bytes transferred, and a few other items.

I've seen some cases where the status says "200" but the bytes do not
match
the size of the file. Some cases where it appears that a bot starts to
download
and then drops it.

When you parse raw logs, as you say above, do you take all these items
into consideration or do you check for the file name only and just
track that?

Just curious about your procedure.

sims
ClipaSearch Pro