Fame, Fortune, and... well, less of the fortune...

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Thu May 1 11:17:14 EDT 2008

On 1 May 2008, at 14:39, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Congratulations on the placement, Ian.
>
> Don't worry about the registrations.  There's always a lag time
> between download and registration, and with new products this is a
> little longer than for those with a public track record.

There's time lag, and there's one purchase in the first week of an app
being available... :-(
But I know I need more patience when it comes to this part.

> So just be patient, and enjoy knowing you got featured ad space at a
> major site for zero cost. :)

I strongly recommend that *everyone* with a publicly-available Mac app
submit it to https://adcweb.apple.com/downloads/ if you haven't
already done so. I was just hoping it would be listed - having it as
the featured app was cream on top.

It's been interesting keeping an eye on the referral statistics - in
less than a day, links from the Apple site have already overtaken
nearly a month of exposure on MacUpdate (two betas and the final 1.0
release), and is catching up fast with VersionTracker.

Stats question - how many of you keep track of referrals and downloads
via other sites? Next time I'll make sure to have multiple copies of
the download so that I can keep track of how many downloads came from
which site.

</random rambling>

Ian