Robust Logging Script

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Thu May 1 07:52:57 EDT 2008

Anyone have any experience logging events for several days or more (an event
happens each second).... is it better to write them out as text files broken
up into a few hundred lines - or  write it to a text file using the append
syntax (not done this myself). It must be a common task that people have
done before, but as it would take a day or so to test whether I'd chosen the
most robust solution well hell thought I'd ask here :)

NB - I'll be logging geopositions and when I get the plotting code done
(thanks to all the help with the Shift Left operator guys) - i'll be able to
plot the paths on the map.