2.9 - Pasting from Excel

Bryan McCormick bryan at deepfoo.com
Fri Mar 28 22:18:02 EDT 2008

Hi Folks,

This is likely to seem ridiculously simple. I use Excel a lot during the
course of the day. Sometimes I need to cut and paste data from multiple
rows and columns on an ad hoc basis and take it into Rev.

In prior versions of Rev the result was text not separated by tabs as
you would expect and as you get if you paste into Notepad for example.

In fact for years that has been my workaround. Copy from Excel, paste
into Notepad, then paste into Rev.

I had thought 2.9 might preserve the tabs but it does not. Am I missing
something or is this the standard (and expected, and thus S.O.L) behavior?

Is there anything anyone can think of that could make this otherwise
simple task, well, simple?

Thanks.