[OT] Eee PC - got one?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Mar 26 19:13:30 EDT 2008

mfstuart wrote:

 > Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> I'm considering an Eee PC. Priced at $399, it's hard to imagine
 >> it won't be a big seller. ... Anyone here have an Eee PC?
 >
 > Check out Wikipedia's web site for "a lot" of info on this device
 > and other similar models: A newer model coming in April 2008.
 >
 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC

Thanks for the link, Mark.  Sometimes I forget how useful Wikipedia is.

This was especially encouraging:

   ASUS sold over 300,000 units in 2007,[6] and plans to sell
   several million in 2008.

And this:

   It has been confirmed by Asus that the Eee 900 series will
   feature a resistive touchscreen display and a GPS receiver.
   [20] This will increase the price by about 100$.

One more reason to look forward to April. :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal