A problem with (french) accents in 2.9

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sat Mar 22 16:45:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

Mac OS X 10.5.2
I have the following lines in the script of a stack, I developped with
2.8.1 :
-------------
put unidecode(the unicodetext of fld "tempo","UTF8") into theBody
  revMail fld "address",,"theObject",theBody
------------
fld "tempo" contains french language.

With 2.8.1, all was OK (I was getting all the correct accents)

But it's not the case anymore with 2.9 (neither with 2.9.0-dp-5, nor
with 2.9.0-rc-1, nor with 2.9.0-rc-2).
With these new versions I get (rather nice but not expected)
cabalistic signs such as Dû, Février :-((

Is there a new way to get accents in 2.9 ?

Thanks a  lot for any help

Best regards from Grenoble
André