On-line error parsing tool

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Mar 22 12:23:29 EDT 2008

Mark Schonewille wrote:
> If the handler DoX actually had not existed, the list of errors would
> have ended at your line 5. Since it exists...

Right.  That's the mystery:  the handler does exist, and the erroneous
error code is the only unique element in that line.  The other parts of
that line are all redundant information provided on other lines.

So why does the engine insist on including an erroneous and redundant
entry along with all the truly useful stuff in its error info?

This is one of those times when I'd like to be able to pour Scott Raney
a tall one, sit back and ask him, "What were you thinking?"  :)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal