Hand cursor in 2.9 beta

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Mar 22 03:14:59 EDT 2008

Joe,

If you don't lock a cursor, the engine resets the cursor to the
default cursor when the handler finishes.
You can lock and unlock the cursor.
See corresponding entries in the dictionary by specifying 'cursor'
for instance.

Now as for your problem:
I assume that when the cursor has to change it's related to some
event in any case: interactivity :-)
So you have many ways to set the cursor: at mouseEnter in an area, if
the mouse is down, etc.
And to unlock it using other events: mouseLeave, etc.

Hope this helps.

Le 22 mars 08 à 08:04, Joe Lewis Wilkins a écrit :
> Eric,
>
> I'm trying to toggle back and forth between the paint bucket and
> the hand with menu items and related command keys. How/when would I
> lock a cursor? TIA,
>
> Joe Wilkins
>
> On Mar 22, 2008, at 12:01 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> Le 22 mars 08 à 07:56, Joe Lewis Wilkins a écrit :
>>> Shouldn't set the cursor to hand change the cursor to the
>>> pointing hand? With 2.9 it doesn't - in a menu handler OR the
>>> message box.
>>> Am I missing something very elementary?
>>
>> May be you forgot to lock the cursor?
>> ;-)