RC1 - the road from Mac to Linux

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 04:13:00 EDT 2008

My sons have what is politely called "a hybrid
computer", meaning it is a P3 knocked together out of
lots of bits of other computers. It has an operating
system which we could characterise as Edubuntu with
Ubuntu Studio slapped on top. It has 512 MB RAM, a 40
GB Hard Drive, a Combo drive and a Plug-N-Pray system
for inserting other ATA drives on a temporary basis.

i.e. my kids have the perfect machine for some fairly
ugly beta testing.

The older one needed a way to take Screen Shots of
webpages; so used 2.9 RC1 to build a Linux standalone
of ScreenSnap.rev (find at revOnline under 'Richmond')
on my G4; popped it over the intranet to the kids'
machine and "Hey Wow" the Scrolling Slider disappears
. . .

Um!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.