[OT] A Hardware wish...

capellan capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 20:00:52 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Recently, while working in a teamwork project, the hard reality of having to
download and upload (daily) many files of hundreds Megabytes to a remote
server,
keep me wishing for a faster connection or some clever and automatic way
to handle these kind of "data moving" task after my daily work is finished.

Thinking about an ideal  and automatic way to download and upload these
files, (without compromising the Workstation PCs), this is my question for
this group:

Does exist a pocket size device (that i could connect directly to a DSL
modem,
via USB or Ethernet) that could download or upload these big size files
after i finish
my work?

i imagine something similar to an USB memory stick, that contains the files
that
i want to send and enough empty space to save the files that i should
receive.
This device manages a list of files for upload and download. I connect this
device
to the DSL modem in the night and when i return in the morning, all files
have been
received and send.

Are "Network Attached Storage" devices, the actual hardware that closely
resemble what i am looking for?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and ideas.

alejandro

upload and download