GLX2 Web Browser Beta

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Tue Mar 18 15:13:02 EDT 2008

Jerry,

Yes I updated and tested in GLX2 the first chance I had. It is very
fast. Noticeably faster by far.

One comment about how I use GLX2: It seems I keep switching out of the
script edit environment to get to the (rev)property inspector from the
norm rev menu and then switch back. I need constant quick access to
the rev stack, card, object inspector for my workflow. I am not
familiar with the GLX2 preferred method to do this?

That said:

I love the way Web 2.0 sites are available in the script editor.

I love clickable handlers, In fact that was the only way to track down
the RR Bug 6019 by using the clickable handler name to find where
revSave in revLibrary were misbehaving. Since no one else seemed to
have my particular bug Mark was giving me ideas of things to check in
the revLibrary and we found a workaround/fix for 6019 which I am very
pleased with. My computer froze at least thirty times during the time
it took to find that bug.

I love tabs for quick checks and code changes.

I love auto archives. (saved me during the 6019 freezes)

I now love the hover over an item to see what it's name was during
writing a script.

Thanks again,

Tom McGrath

On Mar 18, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Not sure if you're a Mac or Windows person, but Safari 3.1 just came
> out today and GLX2 is using it (on Mac) via RevBrowser's builit-in
> web browser--and it's FAST. Very nice on Web 2.0 sites, too.
>
> Best,
>
> Jerry Daniels
>
> Daniels & Mara, Inc.
> Makers of GLX2
> http://www.daniels-mara.com/glx2
>

> On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:19 PM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:
>
>> Thanks Sarah,
>>
>> Of course it was most obvious. I am not proficient with GLX2 yet. I
>> do enjoy a lot of the features though.
>>
>> Tom

>>> Make sure you have the latest beta of GLX2 and then open it's
>>> window.
>>> It isn't necessary to be scripting anything at the time, but you can
>>> be if you want. In the "Go" menu, the last item will be "Open web
>>> browser". Once a browser tab has opened, you can click any of the
>>> links in the list on the left, which include all the help pages for
>>> GLX2. You can also type in your own addresses to go to them
>>> directly.
>>> Use the "Go" menu for bookmarks, history etc.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Sarah