revPrintText and the new printing facilities

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Mar 18 11:05:15 EDT 2008

I'm making my first attempt to use printing in Rev seriously since the new
features were introduced (ie in 2.9).  I'm printing graphics on a multipage
document; and I want to add headers and footers.  The easy way to do this
looks to be revPrintText; but it places the header very low (and footer high)
on the page, as well as printing a big white box in the middle for the body
text that I didn't specify.

Is there control over the margins/positioning used by revPrintText?  Is there
even any way to find out (programmatically rather than by experimentation)
where it positions text?  Or should it be considered as part of the old way of
doing things, not to be mixed with the new?

TIA,

- Ben