why XHTML cannot be parsed with RevXML ?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Mon Mar 17 14:23:01 EDT 2008

I use XHTML with Revolution all the time. Many CGIs and tools we use
at HimalayanAcademy.Com are a combination of XHTML templates and
Revolution. I use Ken Rays stsXML Library 2.0 for it supports unicode
better than RevXML. It is slower but I think it is worth it every cpu
cycle.

The thing is that your XHTML must be a valid honest XHTML with no
transitional things mixing HTML and XHTML. One thing that will trigger
trouble in STS XML Lib is ampersands inside attributes, which is
common in XHTML forms and links that target CGIs with params. To solve
this, I escape the ampersands and replace them later.

If I need to display the XHTML, I use RevBrowser since Revolutions own
htmltext prop is not actually a HTML display.

Best
Andre