question about splash stacks

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 17 04:00:55 EDT 2008

Yes, this must be what is happening, but its hard to see why.  What I
am doing is quitting the ide, then restarting.  Then opening the source
for both stacks and setting the main and substacks to empty.  I first
have to disable the script in the flash stack that does the startup of main.

Then save and close the ide again.  Then start up, open both, and do the
standalone settings, edit the splash script to make it start main,
then set their main and substack properties, then save.  Of course, I
do check the parameter to put stacks in separate files.  And it looks like
it is doing that, because I do end up with a splash and a main.  However,
the splash contains the main, and changes to the main are no longer
saveable. So I end up with, in the build folder:

splash (which seems to contain main)
main

The quick way around it will be simply to make a brand new splash from
scratch, which is not a lot of trouble, but its a bit odd.

This is not what is supposed to happen, is it?  Of course, maybe I am having
a memory lapse and doing something silly.  But if so, why do I end up with
both main and splash in the build folder?

Peter

What seems to happen however