QT: How do I put text into a text file on the web (this is just too easy but can't get it to work)

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Mar 13 15:52:53 EDT 2008

William,

If you're simply trying to upload a file, it has nothing to do with
CHMOD and uploaded files automatically get the right persmissions,
unless it is an executable. Why do you think it has to do with CHMOD?

  I'd rather think that you have a router and/or firewall that's
causing problems. Make sure that port 21 is open and use

libURLSetFTPMode "passive"

Actually, I have some problems with FTP myself, using the Tiger
firewall and shared internet, even if I use passive FTP (regardless of
whether I use Revolution or any other programme). So, I'm not sure the
solution is obvious, but let's hope someone else on this list dealt
with the problem before. The easiest way would probably be to (be able
to) open all outgoing ports.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

A large collection of scripts for HyperCard, Revolution, SuperCard and
other programming languages can be found at http://runrev.info