[OT] "They Criticized Vista. And They Should Know."

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Mar 12 23:24:48 EDT 2008

IMO, one of the most interesting parts of the new Office interface, is it's
complete disdain for the past. In fact, ask any user of pre-2007 Office how
to simply Open or Print a document, and they're confounded. The old "File,
Edit, ..." menu structure is just GONE. Completely. Replaced by a round
bubble with 1970 pop graphics on it, which doesn't even look like a button.
By my calculation, they saved around 70 pixels in the menu area. Love to
been a fly on the wall in THAT meeting!

Of course both Apple and MS are guilty of writing a set standard of GUI
interface guidelines, then completely ignoring them. IMO, that's really
funny.