newbie level question

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Mar 12 13:52:52 EDT 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 11:35 AM, Colin Holgate wrote:

> Oh, this will make you all laugh no doubt, but how do I use
> variables in the message box? For example, if I try this:
>
> get 10
> put it
>
> the word "it" is put into the message box. What would I do
> differently in order to see the value "10" appear?

Colin,

The problem is that the single-line message box doesn't remember
variables between executions. Instead you can do this:

get 10; put it

Or for more complex things, use the multi-line message box. Just
click the 2nd icon from the left on the top of the message box
window. Then enter in your multiple lines, separated by return. Use
the Enter key (or control+return, I think) to execute the lines.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University