Sorting a large field of data

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 05:10:11 EDT 2008

Hello,
I have an application that I'm working on that requires that I sort a
text field containing in some cases, over 10,000 lines during
processing. While this doesn't seem to big of an issue for a computer
with more robust specifications, it's a bit problematic on those that
are not quite as powerful.

Even while using "wait 1 with messages", when I begin the sort routine
on my smaller machine, it runs the CPU up to 100 percent and any other
interaction with the program causes the interface elements to
completely white out. Once the sort is finished, CPU goes back and the
interface is ready to use again during the remaining operations.

Any ideas as to how to make improvements here?

I'm using Rev 2.5.1 on Win XP

Thanks,
David