my cursor shows as all black

mfstuart mfstuart at cox.net
Thu Mar 6 16:37:09 EST 2008

Hi Jacqueline,
I just attained a level of satisfaction using my own image cursors in
RunRev.

Here's what I've done:
1) Since I don't have PhotoShop, I use Axialis' IconWorkshop to create the
32x32 image and save it as a GIF file, two colors: black and white only, no
transparency.
2) In RunRev, I import the GIF file.
3) Next I click on the image and use the Magnify option to apply
transparency: here's how to do that...
In the magnified thumbnail, use the eraser to remove the color (white)
"around" or "outside" the image that will appear as the cursor. Make sure
you set the eraser size to the smallest size. For those areas that you can't
remove with the eraser, use the right button (on windows) and click on those
areas. Doing all this applies a transparency to the image, except the part
that will appear as the cursor.
**IMPORTANT - make one pixel "outside" the cursor area to be white or black.
If you don't do this, and when using the cursor in your application, the
colors will be reversed.
ie: where you defined white it will be black, and where you defined black it
will be white.

4) Close the magnified box and then choose a non-paint tool to stop editing.

Check the Color properties for the image: this is the way they should be
 First Color = white
 Second Color = black
 Third Color = white

hope that can help someone,