Anyone using GLX2???

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Mar 6 13:01:12 EST 2008

Hi,

> We use the command "breakpoint" in the code to indicate a
> breakpoint in GLX2. This has solved many other problems in the
> process...like constantly migrating red dots and performance
> problems on large scripts in the Rev script editor.

It may have fixed bugs in the RunRev Script Editor, but wouldn't it
have been better to fix the problem instead of having two parallel
ways of setting a breakpoint, especially since the way in which the
Standard Script Editor works is in line with 99% of debuggers I have
used?

If there are two ways of doing it then there should also be some way
to clear all the RunRev breakpoints from the user stacks. The way it
is now, I have a number RunRev breakpoints set that DO NOT cause the
RunRev debugger to stop (and AFAICT are not even visible as
breakpoints in the Standard Editor), but do cause GLX2 to stop. When
it does stop the statement in question is not displayed in bold, and
editing the file before running does not show the statement in bold.
If I click on the line then it changes to bold (even tho it's stopped
on a breakpoint). If I hit it again, it goes back to normal and if I
run it doesn't stop next time that statement is run. However, the
next time the stack is opened, the same thing happens.

I found the documentation on the site of minimal help. Is there a PDF
with things laid out in a more ordered fashion and where I can search
and easily jump around. The web site is more an advertising
opportunity than what I'd call "Documentation".

One other very annoying and confusing thing is the way in which the
Script Editor is opened when RunRev is launched. While its great to
not to have to go to the bother of opening the Scripts of all the
objects you were working on, it is very confusing to have the Menu
switched at start up. I think it would be better to open the Script
window but not to select as the front window, therefore allowing the
expected menubar to be shown.

Except for the breakpoint the thing, the editor is very good though
and a great improvement over the standard version. I can't help
thinking newbies that have used the standard RunRev for a little
while would become confused very quickly though, especially without a
document describing exactly what GLX2 changes and how this affect the
rest of the system.

All the Best
Dave