Please Test Revolution 2.9 Beta!

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Mar 4 12:04:06 EST 2008

Bill-

> reason to use any other version of the software. (We know there a few hold
> outs who have stuck with Revolution 2.6.1 or, bafflingly, even older
> editions.)

...maybe because that's the last version that was released for linux, eh?...

Don't blame the "hold-outs" here - the stack format change introduced with
version 2.7 has kept cgi users at the 2.6.1 level as well as the linux
desktop users who have been clamoring for an up-to-date version for way too
long now. And developers who for one reason or another need to support the
Mac Classic environment also haven't been able to upgrade.

I should also point out, before anyone gets too excited about this, that the
"top-notch support" for Mac Classic in 2.9 is indeed the 2.6.1 engine, not
anything more modern than that. It's nice to see Classic back in the fold
again, but it does come with some heavy-duty caveats.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net