Team Development using Run Rev

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Mar 4 10:43:17 EST 2008

On 1 Mar 2008, at 20:08, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Dave-
>
> Saturday, March 1, 2008, 3:43:43 AM, you wrote:
>

>> I found the best way to handle this was to export all the script as
>> text files and them to a compare/merge of the source code and import
>> the text files back into a "master" stack that is used to build the
>> standalone application. For example:
>
> That works fine as long as you're only dealing with script changes,
> but not for UI changes. What happens if one of the developers needs to
> add a field or a button to a stack? What happens if it makes more
> sense to move a handler from a card script to a new button script or
> vice versa? What if one makes a new custom property? Or worse, makes a
> setprop handler for it? None of these are insurmountable, but they
> take human mediation to resolve.

In the case of adding new controls, the developer just adds them to
his copy of the stack, once working the objects are added to the
template stack and the scripts are imported in the normal way. Moving
scripts is ok, the scripts just get imported from objects in the
normal way, e.g. if you move a handler from the card script to a
button then both the card and the object scripts are added to the
blank template stack. Custom properties are imported too (forgot to
mention that before).

Yes, there is some human intervention involved, but not that much,
but there is almost always some user intervention needed with my
Source Control System in my experience.

All the Best
Dave