select rectangle area

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Mar 1 20:21:33 EST 2008

Hi RIchard,

The following script comes from my Snapper project <http://snapper.economy-x-talk.com
 >, which has exactly such a selection area. You'll need an object,
e.g. a transparent button, containing this script and an image named
"Selection".

on mouseDown
   put the mouseLoc into myLoc
   set the cursor to cross
   repeat until the mouse is up
     put the mouseLoc into myNewLoc
     put quadrant(myLoc,myNewLoc)
     switch quadrant(myLoc,myNewLoc)
     case 1
       put item 1 of myLoc & comma & item 2 of myNewLoc into myTL
       put item 1 of myNewLoc & comma & item 2 of myLoc into myBR
       break
     case 2
       put myLoc into myBR
       put myNewLoc into myTL
       break
     case 3
       put item 1 of myLoc & comma & item 2 of myNewLoc into myBR
       put item 1 of myNewLoc & comma & item 2 of myLoc into myTL
       break
     case 4
       put myLoc into myTL
       put myNewLoc into myBR
       break
     end switch
     if item 1 of myBR > the right of me then put the right of me into
item 1 of myBR
     if item 2 of myBR > the bottom of me then put the bottom of me
into item 2 of myBR
     if item 1 of myTL < the left of me then put the left of me into
item 1 of myTL
     if item 2 of myTL < the top of me then put the top of me into
item 2 of myTL
     put myTL & comma & myBR into myRect
     if myRect is a rect then
       set the rect of grc "Selection" to (myTL & comma & myBR)
     end if
   end repeat
   set the cursor to arrow
end mouseDown

function quadrant theOldLoc,theNewLoc
   if item 1 of theNewLoc > item 1 of theOldLoc and item 2 of
theNewLoc < item 2 of theOldLoc then
     return 1
   else if item 1 of theNewLoc< item 1 of theOldLoc and item 2 of
theNewLoc < item 2 of theOldLoc then
     return 2
   else  if item 1 of theNewLoc < item 1 of theOldLoc and item 2 of
theNewLoc > item 2 of theOldLoc then
     return 3
   else  if item 1 of theNewLoc > item 1 of theOldLoc and item 2 of
theNewLoc > item 2 of theOldLoc then
     return 4
   end if
   return 0
end quadrant

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Convert colours between different colour spaces with Color Converter.
Download at http://economy-x-talk.com/cc.html