Team Development using Run Rev

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 17:27:59 EST 2008

I have been using for all of my non-Visual Studio projects for over a
year. Its light enough to not get in the way but provides good
protection and version control.

Highly recommended (which there was a plugin for Realbasic's IDE).

Neal

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 5:22 PM, Jerry Daniels <jerry at daniels-mara.com> wrote:
> Yes, indeed.
>
>  Jerry Daniels
>
>  Daniels & Mara, Inc.
>  Makers of GLX2
>  http://www.daniels-mara.com/glx2
>

>  On Mar 1, 2008, at 3:33 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:
>
>  > Coming a bit late to this party. I've successfully used Rev in a
>  > multi-developer environment using our own auto-update architecture and
>  > MagicCarpet.
>  >
>  > It basically works like this. Individual developers check out stacks
>  > from a web server using MagicCarpet, work on them, then check them
>  > back in (with notes if they like). MagicCarpet can be setup to
>  > automatically archive versions, so you can 'roll back' to an older
>  > version if necessary. Because of our auto-updating architecture, as
>  > soon as someone checks in a stack, it is instantly made available to
>  > anyone with the application's executable (Mac or PC). New files are
>  > automatically downloaded into a plugins folder, after a successful
>  > launch. Our MGC architecture also handles downloading and
>  > uncompressing of zip archives as well.
>  >
>  > With small groups of developers, each can be assigned a specific
>  > library (stack) to work on. Jerry Daniels, Andre Garzia and Sarah
>  > Reichelt are a few who have used this technique successfully.
>  >
>  > Just another point of view...
>  >
>  > -Chipp
>  > use-revolution mailing list
>  > use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>  > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
>  > subscription preferences:

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
(540) 242 0911