Team Development using Run Rev

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Mar 1 16:33:07 EST 2008

Coming a bit late to this party. I've successfully used Rev in a
multi-developer environment using our own auto-update architecture and
MagicCarpet.

It basically works like this. Individual developers check out stacks
from a web server using MagicCarpet, work on them, then check them
back in (with notes if they like). MagicCarpet can be setup to
automatically archive versions, so you can 'roll back' to an older
version if necessary. Because of our auto-updating architecture, as
soon as someone checks in a stack, it is instantly made available to
anyone with the application's executable (Mac or PC). New files are
automatically downloaded into a plugins folder, after a successful
launch. Our MGC architecture also handles downloading and
uncompressing of zip archives as well.

With small groups of developers, each can be assigned a specific
library (stack) to work on. Jerry Daniels, Andre Garzia and Sarah
Reichelt are a few who have used this technique successfully.

Just another point of view...

-Chipp